According to Sky News.
The member of royal staff has expressed her “profound apologies for the hurt caused” and has “stepped aside from her honorary role with immediate effect”, a spokesperson said.
Ngozi Fulani, chief executive of Sistah Space, said she was asked by the household member where she “really came from” during the violence against women and girls reception at the palace on Tuesday.
Ms Fulani, who is black, works as an advocate for survivors of domestic abuse and described the exchange as a “violation”.
She wrote on Twitter that the woman, refered to as ‘Lady SH’ “approached me, moved my hair to see my name badge” and then insisted on asking her “what part of Africa are you from”. Despite her saying she is British, the member of staff said: “I can see I am going to have a challenge getting you to say where you’re from.
It comes after Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, claimed last year that a member of the royal household raised concerns about what colour skin her son Archie would have before he was born.
The palace responded by saying that “issues raised, particularly that of race” were “concerning” and the matters would be addressed privately.
Buckingham Palace said of Tuesday’s events: “We take this incident extremely seriously and have investigated immediately to establish the full details.
“In this instance, unacceptable and deeply regrettable comments have been made. We have reached out to Ngozi Fulani on this matter, and are inviting her to discuss all elements of her experience in person if she wishes.
“In the meantime, the individual concerned would like to express her profound apologies for the hurt caused and has stepped aside from her honorary role with immediate effect.
“All members of the household are being reminded of the diversity and inclusivity policies which they are required to uphold at all times.”
IMAGE SOURCE: SKY NEWS