Enjoy world-class music, sport and outdoor festivals in August in London, while the school summer holidays bring plenty of family activities. According to The Website visit London.
New and returning theatre shows this August
- Head Back to the Future with the Doc and Marty McFly, as the cult film series transforms onto the stage in a thrilling new musical.
- Sing along to ABBA hits, with the return of long-running musical Mamma Mia!
- Mary Poppins pops up again on the London stage as PL Travers’ classic tale is retold with plenty of catchy tunes.
- Vote to choose which of three plays the cast performs on the day, in Shakespeare’s Globe’s Audience ChoiceMidnight Matinée.
August is one of the warmest months of the year in London, when you can enjoy the capital’s many outdoor and open-air activities and make the most of the warm summer days.
You can make the kids’ summer memorable by taking them to London’s best theatre shows during Kids Week, when tickets are heavily discounted.
- Join more than 100 producers at the London Craft Beer Festival in Tobacco Dock for a three-day celebration of brewing…
- …Or join the London Craft Beer Cruise for tastings on the Thames.
- Get the Caribbean vibes going at the London Jerk Festival 2021, all served with a side helping of live music and cultural fun.