Flats evacuated in carbon monoxide scare

single image

About 100 flats had to be evacuated at Buckingham’s Candleford Court on Friday, January 29, due to high levels of carbon monoxide, according to the Buckingham Advertiser.

Fire crews from Buckingham, Brackley and West Ashland were called out at around 4pm and were at the scene for about four hours. Firefighters used gas monitors, breathing apparatus and fans and assisted with the temporary evacuation of residents from about 100 flats.

Thames Valley Police, Buckinghamshire Council, South Central Ambulance Service and its Hazardous Area Response Team also attended.

Image source: Buckinghamshire Live

You may like